It is cultivated in rain fed fertile soil, free from chemicals, pesticides and commercial fertilizers. The single annual crop is harvested between July to November. Upon harvesting, the paddy is milled following proper organic regulations with outer hull being removed and milled rice is vacuum packed to retain its nutritional aspect and freshness. Its health benefits are as follows:
- Rich in Selenium: reduce the risks in developing common illnesses such as cancer, heart disease and arthritis.
- High in Manganese: one cup of brown rice provides 80% of our daily manganese requirements. Manganese helps the body synthesize fats and smoothen up our nervous and reproductive systems.
- Rich in Naturally Occurring Oils: these healthy fats normalize our cholesterol level.
- Weight Loss: The fiber content of brown rice strengthen our bowel function for easier digestion. Brown rice is the perfect addition to the daily diet for those seeking bowel regularity. It also helps the tummy feel full translating into smaller meal portions.
- Considered Whole Grain: Brown rice is considered a whole grain since it hasn’t lost its “wholeness” through the refinement process. Whole grains are proven to reduce the buildup of arterial plaque and lower the risk of heart disease and high cholesterol.
- Rich in Anti-Oxidants: one of the best kept secrets for brown rice as we usually associate anti-oxidant rich foods with blueberries, strawberries and other fruits and vegetables.
- High in Fiber: Brown rice contains naturally high level of fibers and on top of the list for foods that help prevent colon cancer. Such fibers attack substances that cause cancer as well as to toxins in the body, thereby eliminating them and keeping them from sticking to the colon wall.
- A Slow-Release Sugar: Brown rice helps stabilize blood sugar level excellent for diabetes. A daily half cup of brown rice consumption reduce risks of diabetes by 60% while daily consumption of white rice increase 100 fold the chance to develop diabetes.
- Perfect Baby Food: Brown rice cereal or brown rice itself is the perfect baby’s first food due to the dense natural nutrition and fibers it contains.